Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Introduction

Hi, everyone. This is my first blog, and since the class assignment is to make an introduction to the other students in the class, that's just what I'll do.

My name is Cate Hansen; I live just north of Dallas, Texas, with my husband and our two Weimaraners, Versace and Armani. Most people from Texas can tell I'm not a native Texas almost immediately -- I think the lack of a southern accent and the liberal bumper stickers give me away. ;) I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, but have lived in various locales across the US, including long stints in Massachusetts and Colorado, and a shorter venture into San Francisco. Thanks to my stepfather's family, I became a Red Sox fan early on; I also developed a love of hockey from them. I'm a huge fan of reading -- I started reading at a very early age, and even now the occasions that one can find me without a book in hand (or very close nearby) are few and far between.

As for work, I currently work as a teacher's aide at a local school district, in addition to running my own transcription and editing business. Thanks to this lingering recession, two jobs are a necessity at the moment. I also "attend" school full-time -- I say "attend" because all of my courses are online this semester, so what I really do is log on from the comfort of my home (or wherever else I happen to be when the need to do schoolwork becomes overwhelming).

I guess that's all for now. Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. hello and welcome, wow you been around the country. too bad you ended up in texas. just kidding, however i have been there few times for work , the only city i liked is austin. dallas, houston etc....they can have it,liberal or not. good luck.
    and welcome to you

    ReplyDelete