Sunday, November 7, 2010

Creating Cascading Style Sheets

Well, I'd have to say this was the most difficult project thus far. Following along on the video was one thing, but coming up with new, different ways to style my Index page was something else! I found it rather tedious to keep up with all the various tags and methods of styling I was using; I ended up paring it down quite a bit because it all became rather ... crowded. I suppose this means I belong in the "Less is More" school of thought when it comes to webpage design, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

I thought it was nice to be able to give the site a little bit of flavor; the colours and fonts were a nice added touch to an otherwise bland site. I enjoyed adding the background, but that I did using Nvu, the page designer I like (because it's incredibly easy, and you have access to the source code [unlike some editors I've used]). All in all, this assignment was challenging, yet interesting -- I think I'll probably use this method of coding again in the future, but I have a feeling I'll REALLY need to practice before I go "public" with my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment