Sunday, November 7, 2010

Using JQuery

So, our final project consisted of creating a simple game of Tic Tac Toe using jQuery. It was fun -- yes, fun -- watching the project take shape. At first I wondered how on earth a functional game of tic tac toe was going to arise from a few broken blue lines, but as time went on, it became apparent that this was a powerful tool. I'm proud to say my game is fully functional -- you can see it here -- and available for immediate competition.

Please don't assume that simply because I enjoyed coding this game that it was easy, or even enjoyable the whole way through. I had a small bout of trouble, which, because of the way I'd formatted the code, was difficult to find. Thankfully my programmer husband was here, and was able to help me spot the flaw almost immediately (a rogue - when an = sign was what I actually required). Seeing how a simple typo could throw off your entire design was quite an experience; I'd never appreciated before how accurate programmers have to be in order to show off their wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment